Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two scratches on the door. It is a 98 s500 black. I can see white on the scratches. I tried to polish and wax but still see them. when I touch them I can't feel any scratches. does anybody know if a product like megiuar scratchX is effective to remove the appearence of the scratches? thanks and happy New Year!!!

tom

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
No matter what, even the best touch up job is still pretty noticable. Touch up works fine for little tiny rock chips on a front bumper, but doing that to a scratch any longer than a 1/4" is just going to look bad. Take it to a MB certified body shop and have the job done right. It's a 140, after all.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Never try myself but according to my research, even if ScratchX does not eliminate the scratch, it will certainly improve it.

If you finger tip cannot feel the scratch, you should definitely try ScratchX. Good choice that it can remove it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
wow im already gonna repeat myself on a board but someonekey

keyd my car at one point

http://liquidglass.com/lgpclnr.htm

the precleaner will chemically remove paint till you get to a good base layer. I used to touch up a 3 foot long scratch until i spent 2 hours removing it with this stuff. AWESOME stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts