Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I was pulling in to a parking stall, and well "misjudged" the height of the curb. :cry: Needless to say my front @ the bottom is scratched.. pretty badly. I can see white where the scratches are, if i get down and look..

So.. obviously I want to fix it.. but I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else. If so.. Can I get the little "lips" there (below fog lights) replaced? Or do I need to take this to a body shop. Also if you have had replaced aprox what did this run you?

Thanks for any light you can shed on my situation...

Darn curbs... stay outta my way! :evil:

·
Registered
17 Posts
This happened to my 01 EClass, however, it was very minor and I just put some touch up paint on it. But to prevent this on my 03 C Class I put 2 layers of that 3M film along the bottom of the C. It's just something that is bound to happen sooner or later. I figure that if I do scrap a curb with the front lip...It might just protect the lip and all I'll have to do is replace the film.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I feel your pain, I'd suggest you just get it touched up and not have the whole thing repainted. It will be inexpensive and only someone crawling on there knees would see it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts