Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all:

This is my first post. Happy to be here.

I am the proud owner of an '04 E55. What a car!

I'm told by my dealer that you cannot scroll through the radio station pre-sets from the sterring wheel controls, you can just scroll through every "number" on the radio. Is this indeed the case? Seems like a real limitation on the value and benefit of the steering wheel controls themselves.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
coe55 said:
Hello to all:

This is my first post. Happy to be here.

I am the proud owner of an '04 E55. What a car!

I'm told by my dealer that you cannot scroll through the radio station pre-sets from the sterring wheel controls, you can just scroll through every "number" on the radio. Is this indeed the case? Seems like a real limitation on the value and benefit of the steering wheel controls themselves.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Hey, Coe. Welcome.

That is a setting that you can choose in your multi-function display (MFD). Go to the "VEHICLE" submenu and in there you will find a window for "PRESS BUTTON IN AUDIO MODE". It is set right now to do a station search. Change it to "MEMORY". Problem solved! I can't believe your salesperson didn't know that.

BTW, if you post too many letters like this, you will get a lot of the old guard flaming you with RTFM's, but I thought you probably needed info more than a hot poker up the ...

Best of luck.

Tim 8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tim:

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you suggested but don't have a "PRESS BUTTON IN AUDIO MODE" option in the vehicle sub-menu. My dealer says that not all models have the option of scrolling through the pre-sets on the steering wheel. Seems odd to me that and '04 E55 would be missing it.

Any ideas?

Michael

·
Registered
37 Posts
coe55 said:
Tim:

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you suggested but don't have a "PRESS BUTTON IN AUDIO MODE" option in the vehicle sub-menu. My dealer says that not all models have the option of scrolling through the pre-sets on the steering wheel. Seems odd to me that and '04 E55 would be missing it.

Any ideas?

Michael
... but my C-class does??? I don't get it, either!

Tim 8)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations Coe, I Bought a E55 not all that long ago and love it. My steering wheel allows me to scroll through the pre selects. I had the tech at the MBZ dealer set it up when I picked up the car.

That said I was having a hard time setting the passenger mirror to flip down once the car is put in reverse and went back to the dealer to have them program. Funny the first tech that came out wasn't sure how to run through the commands and had to call a senior tech who politely scolded him for not learning the system.

Give the dealer a call and find a tech that can help you..

Good Luck :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts