Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hI, MY DAUGHTER WRITES TO US WITH HER 1993 300E 2.8 LITER WITH 108000 MILES:

whenever i am on a street with tons of stop signs and i have to keep slowing down and stopping repetitively the car can stall ot but only when i am stopped never when i am still moving. If i turn it off it will turn right back on. And then also sometimes when i am driving it feels like there is a power surge, or like it feels as if the RPMs are shooting up even though the RPMs stay the same. She has had the car for 3 months and this is a new problem. Any ideas?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've noticed somewhat of a similar issue with my '98 E320. In cold weather and when the vehicle is cold, the automatic transmission seems to, for lack of a better term, surge when starting out after sitting for a minute or so at the first traffic light (the first complete stop), which is about 20 seconds from the starting point. After this initial incident, the car never does it again until the next morning, given all of the same above circumstances. The engine RPMs rev quite highly in first gear before it eventually shifts into second.

I almost didn't buy this car because of the automatic transmission - both because of driving pleasure (we hate driving automatics) and longevity - but I decided that a MB automatic transmission should most likely be better than most other automatic transmissions in terms of longevity. Have I made a mistake?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts