Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time I've purchased a new Benz. So naturally this is the first time I have taken my car in for service "A". I haven't read the owners manual much so I didn't know what they do to the car at the first service. For those of you that are lazy like me and don't read your manual. Service A is very general. I went in at a little over 10,000 miles. They asked me if there were any other problems before I bring the car in. I told them about whatever is functioning at the time I take the key out doesn't stop as quickly as they use to. Sometimes the radio stays on for at least 5 to 10 seconds after the key is removed. I wasn't going to mention it because I really wasn't sure, but I think there is a slight pull to the right. After telling my service guy about it, he told me that wheel alignments aren't included in the warranty unless it was under 12 months or 12,000 miles. I don't know if I'll get around to reading my owner's manual but I'm letting them know about everything.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It definitely doesn't hurt to let them know about EVERYTHING, but just make sure that you know what is and isn't covered under warranty before you tell them all your minor annoyances and end up with a FAT bill for things you didn't plan to pay for.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice Blake. My service guy tells me what will be done and what Mercedes is responsible for. I understand what you are say though. I had a bug in the middle brake light a while back. It cost MB over $70 to take it out. I just wanted to get this subject out here for newbies like me so no one ends up paying for things they didn't have to now or later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts