Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am acquiring a 2002 C230 Coupe that has been modified, eBay item number 4546548790. Went from OEM 175HP to 310HP. As a new owner, I have the following questions:
1. Do I have a Mercedes C230 W202 or W203?
2. When and if I replace the brakes, I would like to get Brake Rotors Drilled Slotted and performance brakes. Which would you recommend for performance and price?
3. The seller recommended I change the springs for he feels it rides too hard in the front. If I do change the springs, which kind for performance and price?
4. The seller recommended I upgrade the turbo with a "GT-30R, dual ball bearing turbo." Should this be done?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
All of us over at mbklasse.org have been wondering who bought speedwerx car.

You have a CL203 which means it is a coupe. The term W203 is used generically, but it really refers to the sedan. S203 is a wagon.

Drilled and or slotted brakes are cosmetic only for street use. I would not recommend getting both. For track use, you should get slotted. Check out Stoptec brakes.

I wasn't aware that speedwerx changed the front springs. If they are stock, there aren't any softer.

As for the turbo, I would go with his recommendation. He has done a lot of work with turbocharged cars.

Congrats on the car. You got one hell of a deal. It is worth more than you paid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts