Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM is having a 72 hour sale on all 2004's financing 72 months @ 0.0% and some crazy incentives.

My "old" 2003 Avalanche had 45,000 miles on it and I purchased it with no money down, it was almost loaded but it lacked a sunroof, onstar, heated seats and leather. Leather is not a plus too me I buy a car based on how my back feels in it. My MB wagon had a Recaro drivers seat.

Anyway I couldn't pass up the deal a new truck with more equipment at a lower payment and an even up trade for my old truck that I had $0 dollars into not brakes tires nuttin, for a smaller payment and a big fat write off that i will need despratly this year because you can accellerate the depreciation into one year.

I will post pic's when the sun comes up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is the accelerated depreciation deal changing after this year? Since your old one's being sold before the end of the normal depreciation period, what kind of recapture are you subject to?

Dealers around the country are selling the last of the 04 C5 Vettes for $10-12k off MSRP. That might not be a bad trade with 72 months of 0%...

·
Registered
118 Posts
So there really are people that actually like the Avalanche? :eek:
No offense, but the styling makes me wonder what they were smoking! Kinda like that Pontiac Aztec disaster.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Rickg said:
So there really are people that actually like the Avalanche? :eek:
No offense, but the styling makes me wonder what they were smoking! Kinda like that Pontiac Aztec disaster.
The ones with cladding aren't attractive. The newer ones have "cladding delete" as an option - they're not bad.

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine is without the body crap I will post a pic later.

The reason I like them is because they are a perfect fit for my lifestyle. I have to drive off-road almost everyday.

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PC Dave said:
Is the accelerated depreciation deal changing after this year? Since your old one's being sold before the end of the normal depreciation period, what kind of recapture are you subject to?

Dealers around the country are selling the last of the 04 C5 Vettes for $10-12k off MSRP. That might not be a bad trade with 72 months of 0%...
So far this is the last year, but I suspect if W is reelected we will see more of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I always liked the looks of a red truck. Without the cladding, it does look much better than your so called "old" one.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Looks great!

I like it w/o the cladding as well. Your rig isn't as suburban looking (not the truck, but the lifestyle) as the former.

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The All-Terrains will be the year round tire, to be honest I've found that slicks are as good as anything if you adjust your speed to the conditions ice is ice. The all terrains work great in deep snow while off road.

Regarding the truck, I've said this before but after all of the cars that I've owned I've never had anything as useful as the Avalanche. The big plus over the Suburban is I can put a motorcycle in back and it keeps my dangerous stuff out of the passenger compartment in the event of a fast stop, not flying into my head.

The Avalanche is a Suburban with the back chopped off thats it. I have every option on this one and I'm loving the sunroof and voice command xm-phone-radio. The seats are improved as well which is pretty much the most important part of the truck for me.

Regarding my old one, Mike Tangas has seen it and maybe Engatawork I didn't take very good care of it. That thing might have been washed 5 or 6 times in 18 months. I've usually too busy to stop in a car wash, unless they have coffee.

Thanks guys.

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Onstar is nice to have as well, in the unlikely event that I finally make a profit I can call Onstar for CPR. :lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Vnice. A buddy of mine once owned a 2002 before he went full-pig and picked up an F-350 Powerstroke crew cab. The Avalanche was a much nicer and more practical all-around rig. Chevy also gets an "A" for exhaust tuning. Nice V8 sound that never becomes obnoxious.

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The towing cap is 7900 Lb's which is so so IMO. I must say I really like, no love the truck I liked the first one but I really LOVE this one. I honestly think GM hit the nail on the head with the Avalanche it suits my life perfectly, I have secure organized tool storage in the back with two very useful side storage compartments which double as a cooler :p .

The interior has every creature comfort that an S-class would provide....and then some. The ride is smooth as anyone could ever wish for and the so called bells and whistles like heated seats, multiple driver configurations, built in XM , back seat DVD and XM, and I can drive on to a job site not advertising that I'm the pompous ass that I am.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts