Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Help me out here if you can. I'm married and have a 2 year old daughter. I'm looking into the following cars and am categorizing them as to what is best for me.

MB SLK 350 - fun to drive, but 2 ppl seating, kinda impractical.
BMW Z4 - fun to drive, 2 ppl, impractical.
MB CLK 350 Cabriolet - luxurious, convertible, 4 ppl.
BMW 330Ci Convertible - fun to drive, convertible, 4 ppl.
MB E320 CDI - Luxurious, economical, but not convertible.

Now, I was wondering that in Europe the CLK 320 CDI is released and should I wait for it in the US. When will it come to the US if ever?? Does anyone own the E 320 CDI, and how does it drive compared to a BMW 330.

I love the Mercedes Benz interior more than BMW but I don't know how much fun to drive is MB over BMW.

Out of all of them I love the CLK 350 Cabriolet the most. It's luxurious, has 4 ppl seating and enough power and torque. But I also like the diesel engine in 320 CDI. So, should I wait till the diesel version of it arrives in the US or just go for it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm also looking into the roadsters, if I decide that it'll just be my car and noone else can use it in my family :lol:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
While I can't say for certain, it is my opinion that you will be holding your breath for some time waiting for a CDI CLK. The concept of "sporty" and "diesel" are mutually exclusive in the eyes of the average American consumer. When it comes down to it, you should buy the car that most appeals to you. Making compromises on a large purchase that you will be driving everyday will always leave you longing for what could have been.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Can't help but notice that Porsche is not on your list. The 911 has back seats big enough for a 2 yr old. It's a great car with great service and customer satisfaction ratings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But Porsche Boxster is the only one that comes in that budget, not 911. and I think 911's the one with 4 seats

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The '05 and up Boxter's are a massive improvement over the previous generation vehicles. 996 Carrera prices have dropped considerabley since the introduction of the 997's and the new Cayman S sports car will be out in January which is going to be an absolute monster (and still cheaper than the 911).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts