Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 03 c230 sc with 74000 km on it. the warrenty expires at 80000, the dealer wants $2000 + $200 inspection + tax. itll extend my warranty to 160 000km. is it worth it? does anybody think there are going to be any major problems with our cars? the only major concern ive had is the replacement of my sway bar bushings 3X.

plus, just bought 18s, the ride is awsome but the wheel gap is killing me, has anyone run into problems with eibach spring kit? has the dealer give you a hassle about having it, ex voiding the warranty? anyone in the 416/905 area know of a place where the springs will cost less than $450?

thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
If you intend to keep the car, the extended warranty is probably worth the money, especially if the numbers you give are in Canadian dollars.

My dealer has no problems with my much lower C239k coupe on H&R coilovers. Eibach springs are also a good choice. Not as low as my coilovers and the Eibachs should ride better.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just did for my 2004 CLK320 coupe with 39,000 KM.

I paid $2,600 CAN + tax. There was no inspection charge since my car was under 40K KM. I am not sure if it's worth the money but sure it's a peace of mind. No one can tell you one way or another, it all depends on your car. Like Lynn said, do you plan to keep your car for a long time?

One thing is you should think twice if you plan to modify your car a lot before the extended warranty expires. Besides the hassles, the more you modify your car, the lesser the components will be covered by the warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts