Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some of you may remember, about two months ago my beautiful brilliant silver CLK 55 was taken from me by the inattentiveness of a careless motorist :cry:. I was relieved of all responsibility by the officer on the scene who also happened to be a witness to the accidnet.

This morning on my way in to the dealership, I was rear ended. Thankfully, the last remaining Mercedes in my garage was safely there. I was however, driving the girlfirend's brand new Camry which now has a low rider rear bumper cover. Two cars, two months, neither of them my fault. Something has got to be wrong with my karma. Just venting really. I just got into the office and my hands are still a little shaky.

·
Registered
118 Posts
gads! 8O I'd start riding the bus.
Are ya ok? I was rear eneded last month in my old Audi, which shoved me into the car in front of me. Knocked me around a bit. I felt ok then, but a couple days later noticed how stiff my neck and back were. Took a couple weeks to shake it off.
But it really didn't do a thing to the Audi. Totally wiped out the front of the Ford Focus that slammed into me though :lol:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm alright physically. It wasn't a high speed collision. Really, just a messed up bumper and an attitude problem for the rest of the day. I do, however, have to deal with whatever the girlfriend is going to dish out when i get home.

The funniest thing is in many years of driving I'd never had any sort of collision, and now in two months I am hit by other motorists. If the bus went where I need to go, I'd be riding it at this point.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sorry to hear that -- glad no one was hurt!

I feel your pain in regards to the girlfriend. Been there done that. :roll:

·
Registered
118 Posts
PHAEDRUS242 said:
The funniest thing is in many years of driving I'd never had any sort of collision, and now in two months I am hit by other motorists. If the bus went where I need to go, I'd be riding it at this point.
Careful! Things happen in 3's. You're not done yet :wink:

·
Banned
357 Posts
Rickg said:
PHAEDRUS242 said:
Careful! Things happen in 3's. You're not done yet :wink:
3 will come Nov. 2nd

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
And if you think it can't get any worse........

Over the course of several years my wife has been the target of several 'no driv'in fools'.
A woman runs a stop sign and T-bones her car with our 6 month old baby in a baby carrier. ( this was before seat belt laws)
A man runs a stop sign, hits a Ford pickup and the two vehicles make a sandwich out of her brand new Datsun.
She is sitting at a stop sign in my El Camino SS and some kid on a dirt bike roaring down the ditch tries to jump her. He misses and plows dead center into the passenger door.
Driving to town, a quarter mile from our house, a punk in a junker 74 Camaro crosses the center line at 60 MPH and hits her head on, totaling her new Camry.
She is slowly driving through the Wal-Mart parking lot in her new Avalon (replacement for the Camry) and a woman in a Fleetwood cuts through painted parking spaces and trashes the front end of her car.
Well, NONE of these are her fault, but we get a notice from Allstate that our insurance is being doubled because, and I quote, " She has the 'propensity' to get involved in accidents". :roll:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Years ago a friend had a similar problem. With several cars. Here’s one example: He bought a Lotus Eurpoa. One of the world’s truly great cars! Anyway, his first session was when he was driving through the parking lot of a Safeway store. A lady in a Caddy backed into his door. Said she didn’t see him. Being a fiberglass car, the door needed to be replaced. It took 2 months to get the door and the related parts and do the deed... Shortly after he got it fixed he was tooling down a chicane and kind of over steered. Spun the car around and it went off the road backwards, into a tree. Rippled the car from the rear bumper to the doors. Damaged the back, the bottom, the trunk lid. Took 6 months to get parts and get it all back together. Had the car parked at a party. Came out to find the door mashed once again. Another 2 months for parts, except this time the replacement door was for the wrong year. Another 2 months for a replacement. Was at a friends house. Car was parked on a slight incline. Pulled the e brake and got out to talk with someone. The car started to roll backwards. He ran to get it but fell and wasn’t run over. The car, uh, encountered a mail box post, which scraped the entire driver’s side of the car, and, drum roll please it tore the driver’s door off. Another 2 months for a replacement and a month for another paint job. After this the car needed some maintenance parts. He decided to drive it to a place on Vashon Island. To get to the island he took a ferry. The car stalled on the ferry. The ferry folks towed it off the ferry at the other side, but managed to damage the hood of the car in the process. He ended up selling it to the place he was going for parts.....

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This situation has gone from bad to worse!!

So now I am finding out all sorts of wonderful things. The girlfriend has not been paying her car insurance. Ever. The worst part is that I give her money every month for the express purpose of paying said car insurance. Now, personal issues aside (really), how screwed am I? My attorney says I cannot be ticketed for driving without insurance as I am insured and was unaware of her neglect (it is mandatory in my state, like most). I have heard all sorts of different opinions on this. My concern is, even though the accident was in no way my fault, will I be entitled to get the repairs paid for? Can I go about this without incriminating the girlfriend (although she would deserve it)? I got a nearly $1200.00 estimate from my body shop and, although I wouldn't have to pay the full amount if I was footing the bill, will still be a nuisance. It's sort of the prinicple of it. Any comments, suggestions?

·
Banned
357 Posts
P, get a new attorney that's the worst advice I've ever heard a new girlfriend wouldn't be such a bad idea either.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One of my clients that I'll be seeing this morning is a pretty high-powered attorney in the area. I'm going to speak to him to get a better grasp on all of this. I imagine I am going to need some high-powered representation (and possibley a new girlfriend).

·
Registered
183 Posts
While neither a lawyer nor pretending to be one, it doesn’t make sense for you to be slighted on compensation for lack of insurance. The other person was at fault, so it shouldn’t matter. Regarding the GF, I would question her directly about it and make your decision based on the answers. Talk about adding insult to injury.

Also, just IMO, I've always treated my customers as customers and never ask them for any personal advise. I feel they pay me to help them but not to have me ask them for help.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Normally I completely agree with keeping their business theirs. He has become a buddy of sorts over the years. We BS over lunch most times he comes by. Point very well taken, though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts