Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i open the front tweeter speakers and the front door speakers on my 1994 e320. and does anyone know the size of these front and door speakers. My front speakers blew out. When i installed a new reciever and the installer said the door speakers didn't work. Does anyone know how to access all the front the speakers?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey John, I have the same problem, but i was able to open the tweeters on the dash, there's this thin panel right next to the cover of the speaker, take something thin like a small flathead or a tweezer and throught the gaps push and pull it should pop out. Worked for me. Yea, but for the door panels I'm having the same problem, I was hoping someone here would know, but no one has replied. Hopefully the tip I gave you helps and good luck, let me know if you get the panls open

·
Registered
1 Posts
Front tweeters are not tweeters. They these lousy 4" paper cone speakers.
To remove those speakers on the dash, there is a piece of metal grill that can be removed to expose a couple of screws. It's only one piece per grill on the dash, and it's facing closest to the center of the dash for both. You'll want to get a flathead and slowly pry the corner of that small removeable piece off. It should be about 2cm in width. You'll need to take some care taking that off since it's easy to bend and warp. With that removed, it should expose 2 screws which you'll need a long and narrow phillips to remove.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts