Benz Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently became a proud owner of '03 CLK55 with the factory Comand Bose system. I have recently acquired all new speakers; amplifiers and subwoofers but would like to keep the Comand headunit. Sadly, I recently heard that the Bose system may malfunction or over compensate in volume adjustment due to the DRO (Audiopilot) and speed-dependent volume control with an after-market system. I have on two separate occasions visited my MB dealer asking them to disable these features. However, to my dismay, they informed me that they could only disable the speed-dependent volume controln (questionable) but not the DRO that adjusts via an internal microphone. Thus, my question is whether these features can be altered in order to NOT produce erratic volume levels with the added subwoofers and upgraded power. I have been searching and reading numerous forums and boards but no one thus far has addressed these issues. I would greatly appreciate ANY information or advice concerning these matters because I have already purchased all my equipment and am heart set on making them work. Thank you for any help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts