Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my C230 coupe for 7 great uneventful months now. Last Monday morning on my way to work my SRS light came on and stayed on. I immediately went to my owner’s manual to see what the SRS warning was. I don’t remember the exact words but it sounded something like drive very cautiously to your nearest dealership, air bag may fail or deploy without warning (and something about the seat belts may not work either). I think it is the Safety Restrant System.
I drove to work and called my dealer after work to see what I should do next. They told me that normally I would have to have an appointment but this was a safety issue and I needed to bring my car in immediately. They were real good about everything and even gave me an upgrade so I could get a loaner that was the same car as mine. Being they would be working on my car anyway, I asked if they could take a bug out of the center brake light housing. It bugged me every time I saw that bug. They said no problem the warranty didn’t cover removing bugs but they’d see what could be done. Later that day the service manager called me and said it would cost $70+ to remove the bug but they would cover the cost. Long story huh? Anyway….the SRS problem had something to do with some air bag wires in the driver’s side door. I picked up my car the following day and that was that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually the SRS light is suppost to come on for a second and then go off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i had that problem once... was just a computer gliche. the shop just reset the warning light and hasn't malfunctioned since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts