Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it started out as a piss stain from my dog which was a small dot...so I figured I'd take it off by putting water on it to dissolve it but now that it's dry, the edge of the water stain became apparent...anyone know how to remove these stains on these type of cloth seats?!

pic of it is below

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
The product I use for all my automotive fabric and carpeting cleaning and would recommend in this instance is Now. It is a pump spray cleaner that is worked in with a damp sponge. My expectation is that it would take care of this problem. It is also top notch on carpeted mats.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
man nothing works on these stupid cloth seats, the more I try to remove the stains, the bigger the calcium ring gets.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no idea where to get Now, I don't see it at stores but I did try other stain remover products such as the Turtle Wax one, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser...etc...nothing works, only makes the stain bigger

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I suggested Now I was unaware that it could not be located in stores. Here is a link to purchase it on-line: http://www.mirachem.com/nowclean/Where_to_Buy.asp

It is a household cleaner that was available in warehouse stores and in home cleaner sections of large retail stores.

But, according to the web site it is only available on-line.

My experience leads me to conclude that the desired results would be attained with this product.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm thnx for the link, I will give that a try, have u tried it or know anyone else that tried it?

actually, on their product it says it works with anything that can be rinsed with water, I don't think the product will work then...because these seats cannot take water.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do any of you know what kind of fabric benz uses on their seats? It's not the same as the carpets as I have no problem cleaning the carpet stains. I am thinking it's velour fabric? Anyone know for sure, if anyone has cloth seats in their benz instead of leather?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used to use Spot Shot on the cloth seats on my VW. I got it at Sam's club. It also did a pretty good job of cleaning the fabric on the bottom of the door panels on my C230. It has oyster leather , so we have the same door panels.

One of the secrets is to clean all of the way out to a seam so that the ring doesn't show. I just got a spot off of a cloth chair with spotshot and it didn't leave a ring. It is a solvent based cleaner so it should be safe on the upholstry. You want to apply the solvent and then dab it up with paper towels or absorbant toweling. Don't rub it, press the cloth into it to absorb the solvent and stain. You could even put the towel down and suck through it with a shop vac. The only thing is I am not sure how explosive the solvent is. You don't want to blow up your shop vac. This technique would probably be better with Now or Resolve.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thnx I used to use Spot Shot from Sam's Club too, it removes everything I try it on, but I haven't been to Sam's in quite a while so I will just have to put the stain aside for now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts