Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 96 E320 w/220,000 miles, has been a good car for the most part. Yesterday I pulled into the garage, woke up the next morning and car would not start. All lights and interior works, but no clicking when I turn the key, liking starter trying to spin. Battery fully charged, put a meter on starter solenoid and it is getting power, couldn't reach starter cables to test. Tried beating the starter, moving gear shift while turning the key, still no luck. Any suggestions????????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer tells me the car needs new wiring harness(has become brittle), new front suspension(completely shot), something about a disc underneath needs replacing(ready to fall out), would be to dangerous to drive,and so on, and so on. They are talking in excess of $5,ooo to get it running again. The car is only worth about $2,000. The solenoid has power going to it but they said the starter didn't work and their was no way test it. They tried shorting the solenoid but that did nothing. Does this sound like they know what they are doing or pulling my leg? Should I part it out or try to get it running and unload it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts