Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 2003 C230K SEDAN

Where are the 7 speakers that come standard(non Bose)? I know there are two speakers on the front doors ( that equals 4), and then there is one speaker on each of the rear doors (that equals 2, 4+2=6), but where is the 7th speaker.

Also how do you adjust the standard automatic speed-sensitive volume adjustment or make sure it is on? Because I cant seem to notice any volume difference.

Thanks

James

·
Registered
30 Posts
Also how do you adjust the standard automatic speed-sensitive volume adjustment or make sure it is on? Because I cant seem to notice any volume difference.
Isn't that the point with the speed-sensitive volume -- the perceived volume remains constant regardless of the speed of the vehicle?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The seventh speaker is a subwoofer mounted on the left side of the parcel shelf, the shelf between the rear seat and the rear window. You can see it if you open your trunk and look at the underside of the parcel shelf. I don't think it's seperately amplified like the subwoofer in the Bose package though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Kal Rubinson said:
bobclevenger said:
Isn't that the point with the speed-sensitive volume -- the perceived volume remains constant regardless of the speed of the vehicle?
Yes but it doesn't work. The changes are all too obvious.
I had mine disabled (0dB).

Kal
James said that he couldn't hear the volume changes, so I guess his works better than yours did.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Bose system:
- 2 mid on the lower part of the front door (1 each door)
- 2 tweeter behind the side mirror (1 each door)
- 2 mid on the rear deck (1 each side)
- 1 subwoofer on the left side on the rear deck.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
pnsji said:
The Bose system:
- 2 mid on the lower part of the front door (1 each door)
- 2 tweeter behind the side mirror (1 each door)
- 2 mid on the rear deck (1 each side)
- 1 subwoofer on the left side on the rear deck.
For the coupe:

4 mids, one in each lower corner of the doors
2 tweeters, top front of doors
1 center fill beneath grille on top of dash
1 bass module between cargo compartment wall and right quarter panel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do all of the C230 Sedans come with speed sensitive volume control? If not, how can I tell if mine does indeed have this system? Also, if mine does have it, how can I adjust it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Speed sensitive volume control

Lynn said:
All C's have it. It can only be adjusted by the dealer.
Does this mean that even the C-class cars with the Bose system have the speed-sensitive volume control as well as the Bose "AutoPilot" automatic volume control system?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the replies.

I will have to have my speed sensitive thing looked at. I think it is set to 0db. To answer someone elses question I have a Black C230 Sedan with C2 package + Automatic Trans. I would have liked the car without the C2 pack but that would have meant for me to wait 3 months, which i did not have the time for. I like the car a lot. It is my first car, and i am glad i spent the money, it seems like 2003 is a good year for MB.

Late

·
Registered
46 Posts
2003 Great Year for MB

Actually, I think the improved styling combined with more vehicles with lower pricing has really made a difference. In the past I regarded MB as square-shaped shoe boxes on wheels, with squeaky brakes and carbon-dusted front wheels, that were overpriced and needed those that were hungry for prestiege tokens to show off to drive sales and thus compete in the automotive market.

Yeah, perhaps that's a little rough, but this view is not unique. Now, however, they whole picture has changed. Changed so much, that we purchased our first MB and I'm looking to get into an SL55AMG by early fall. All concerns have been remedied.

For the reviews:

http://www.forums.mbnz.org/news/news.asp?id=210

Especially the C-Class:

http://www.forums.mbnz.org/news/news.asp?id=208

PS, The 2003 C230K Sedan will really be the top hit before its all said and done.

Christopher

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: 2003 Great Year for MB

c2jones said:
Actually, I think the improved styling combined with more vehicles with lower pricing has really made a difference. In the past I regarded MB as square-shaped shoe boxes on wheels, with squeaky brakes and carbon-dusted front wheels, that were overpriced and needed those that were hungry for prestiege tokens to show off to drive sales and thus compete in the automotive market.

Yeah, perhaps that's a little rough, but this view is not unique. Now, however, they whole picture has changed. Changed so much, that we purchased our first MB and I'm looking to get into an SL55AMG by early fall. All concerns have been remedied.

For the reviews:

http://www.forums.mbnz.org/news/news.asp?id=210

Especially the C-Class:

http://www.forums.mbnz.org/news/news.asp?id=208

PS, The 2003 C230K Sedan will really be the top hit before its all said and done.

Christopher
I still cannot believe that my new C230 Sport Sedan actually costs less than my first car - 1988 190E 2.3,which I drove as daily commuter until 2 days before the 9/11 attack & sold it to my co-worker (over 180,000 miles at the time, planning on buying a new car the following week but changed my plan due to 9/11), he is still driving it daily without any major problems. Just picked up my new car 3 weeks ago & was amazed at the difference between the 190 & even my other car - 1996 BMW 328i which I still have as my current daily commuter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts