Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The suject says it all. It gets stuck in position in front of the driver....I can move it with my hand and it will work back and forth only to stick again in front of the driver....I can also hear the motor running and suspects it needs to be oiled or greased.....is there some easy way to grease this or is it more???

Their forecasting rain tomorrow!!

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here you go:

http://202tech.mkosonen.com/howto/wiper.html

That small top piece can be tricky to pull off. You want to pull the lower part upward a bit to unhook the catches at that end. Then you start applying horizontal pull to get the hooks at the other end to come out. It take some pulling. Just go slow and be careful. You don't want a snap-o-rama.

It could be a lubrication problem deeper down into things according to a website I was just reading today. Too bad I didn't bookmark it. It talked about pulling the whole motor to access the plastic gears inside the big round circle at the bottom of the arm. Didn't look like fun.

Doug

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Doug,

Thanks for the info...I'll take a look at the link and then take some time to get that cover off and get a real look at this thing.

Take care

david

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have been having problems and now I know what to do. I think these forums can be very helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts