Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to put an in dash DVD system in a 2002 C240. Does anyone have any suggestions on what brand works best with the headunit or which brand is good.

thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I didn't mean that it had to work with the head unit I just wanted to get some suggestions on what brand was good to put in a benz.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Any brand will work if you remove the stock head unit. Many people are going with Alpine, and others are using Kenwood. While it wasn't installed in a Mercedes, one of the best DVD's I've seen was a Clarion. Sorry, I don't remember the model.

One thing you might consider is retrofitting a COMAND. With the proper inputs it will display video from a dvd changer. You will have the benefit of a factory appearance, and if purchased from some sources a one year warranty on the COMAND.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the Kenwood installed. Well, the buttons on the steering wheel wouldn't work anymore just in case you don't know. I think the Kenwood headunit fits nicely in the car cause when the monitor flips out, it pretty much matches the interior of the car(with the silver and brushed aluminium look of the headunit).
Here's some pictures of my car if you're interested...
http://www.csportcoupe.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3071

·
Registered
19 Posts
When you say the sterring controls dont work does that mean ALL OPTIONS or only the volume and change radio parts?. I hope my lighting and km/miles switch on sterring wheel doesnt stop working

1 - 7 of 7 Posts