Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll be replacing the Valve Gaskets, Radiator, hoses, pump & Tstat, Shocks & Engine Mounts, Trans & rear end Fluid & Seals, Etc. Basically we will replace the hoses and rubber parts plus a new convertible top. The car performs well and has no real issues, although it does have leaks (Oil, Cooling, Steering). The question is: What else should one do on this 23 year old beauty while we're in this mood? Brakes lines, wheel bearings, etc?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts and experiences!

·
Super Moderator
1997 SL500 Sport pano triple black
30 Posts
Hi again! You’ll find more responses I’ve at your BenzWorld posting Suggestions? - Revitalizing our '99 SL500 with...

But for the record here I’ll say:

Looks like you have a good list to start with! Address the leaks. Look at the top cylinders - try to see if they are leaking anywhere and flush the hydraulic fluid for that system while you're replacing the top.
Good luck!

Edit - Also inspect the fuel pump and fuel lines. Mine ruptured about a year ago and one of the lines could only be sourced out of Latvia..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi again! You’ll find more responses I’ve at your BenzWorld posting Suggestions? - Revitalizing our '99 SL500 with...

But for the record here I’ll say:

Looks like you have a good list to start with! Address the leaks. Look at the top cylinders - try to see if they are leaking anywhere and flush the hydraulic fluid for that system while you're replacing the top.
Good luck!

Edit - Also inspect the fuel pump and fuel lines. Mine ruptured about a year ago and one of the lines could only be sourced out of Latvia..
Had not thought of the top cylinders - Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts