Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995 MERCEDES-BENZ C220 SEDAN 4 DR 2.2L I4 F
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle: 1995 C220 230k miles.
I am looking for servicing/repair info for the sunroof on this car. It is a sunroof and not a moonroof, no glass. I have a Bentley MB C-Class Service Manual but (I find this unbelievable) it has no significant reference to the sunroof at all. The owners manual likewise does not speak to the sunroof.

This car, recently purchased for what I consider a very good price, is in near excellent condition, body, engine and interior - with some relatively minor issues that I'm aware. The sunroof is one. I does not shut completely or evenly, resulting in very loud wind noise on the highway. Opening it an inch or so is much quieter. I have not noticed any water leak when it is closed.

Specifically, the right front is not fully closing and the right rear does not come fully up to roof level. Both discrepancies are about 4mm +or- . It seems to not be squarely aligned with the opening.

Just to diagnose the problem, no guarantee of any effective/actionable diagnosis, the dealer wants $155 to start.

I've worked on sunroofs (not Mercedes) but not without at least some idea of what awaits. Is there any source of sunroof service (adjustment, removal, repair etc.) available.

Thanks for any direction, directions, or references you can provide me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also belong to the 500eBoard forum, where they have an extensive list of "How To" write-ups on multiple topics for W124s.

I realize your asking about a 95 C class, but I would guess that the designers of both models used similar design methods.for the sun roofs.

This How Too is detailed and may give you a good insight as to what you may find in your C class.

Good Luck..

·
Registered
1995 MERCEDES-BENZ C220 SEDAN 4 DR 2.2L I4 F
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also belong to the 500eBoard forum, where they have an extensive list of "How To" write-ups on multiple topics for W124s.
. . .

This How Too is detailed and may give you a good insight as to what you may find in your C class.

Good Luck..
Thanks for the link. I too would think the designs would be similar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts