Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i'm new to this forum and thought that this would be the best place to find out some information.
I'm the owner of a stock 2001 C180. my question is that has anyone made a conversion with one of these to kompressor spec (i.e supercharged) i have in my posession a blower off a C180 kompressor.
Now i was wondering if anyone knows if this is compatible with my car, is there any differences between a C180 and a C180 kompressor engine wise, if not is there a difference in ECU, injector size, compression ratio, manifold differences, or the need for a map sensor? If anyone has done anything like this or can give me any helpful advice please let me know.

Thanx for your help.

Cheers Quinn

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not entirely sure, as i said i'm new to the mercedes scene, i was hoping that they were idientical so i could just do a bolt on application, i noticed that there is an air flow meter and was not sure if it required a map sensor to read positive air pressure. Judging by the way the blower is set up i believe it would require an intercooler as the exit point of the blower faces away from the throttle body, by the sounds of it if i was to to go ahead with this which i am keen to do, it may require the use of an aftermarket computer and i may need to put a shim in to decompress the compression ratio a little. any other thoughts?????

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
It might be cheaper to do an engine swap rather than supercharging your current engine. Another thing to consider is a turbo conversion from Mosselmann.

You will need to re-map the ECU not only does it have to account for high combustion pressures to control detonation, it will also need to control the bypass valve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts