Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on 95 north leaving Florida and the front end of my car drop. I was driving about 65 mph. Fearing for my life i attempted to pull to the side of the road but it was very hard to even turn the wheel. The second time it happen on interstate 83 in Baltimore city, the other side drop and I experienced the same thing. The failure that happen in Florida I went to Mercedes Benz of Orlando and they stated they have been seeing this problem often. The second incident, I took my car to Pars Auto in Towson , Md and they stated they have been doing about two to three of these cars a week for the same problem.

I have called mercedes and NHSTA. They both said they need any and everyone who has been experincing problems with their airmatic system to contact them. Whats good about this if you already paid to fix the problem you can get your money back but we need for everyone to pass this on. The nubmer to mercedes is 1-800-367-6372 try ext 7843. Maybe if we keep calling the same lady she will say something to her supervisor about this problem. The web site for nhsta to make a coplainat is http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/. I dont know about you guys,I have spent alot of money for my mercedes and i didnt want to spend an extra 3000 for something they should have corrected. I want my money back!!!

Please repost and send to everyone you know that has a mercedes and everyone who doesnt have a mercedes, they might have a friend with a mercedes thats having the same problems.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Exactly what was wrong with your car? I never ran across an 220 with Airmatic that drops suddenly while driving. Most of the time, they'll either sink when they're parked, or slowly drop more and more over time and never raise back up. The two complaints I just mentioned are usually leaking front strut towers, or a bad pump.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The top of my struts were just fix at orlando mercedes and he stated that the pressure from them just being replace blew the bottom of the air strut off and they didnt have a kit for that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts