Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a '99 ML430 and I just noticed that when I turn my lights on the tail light and the little amber light in the front are not working. I changed the bulbs and the problem did not get resolved. The problem happens only on the driver side. I went to the dealer and they are so busy and I asked them if it was a fuse that was blown off and the guy could not tell me unless I leave the car there for a day. Does anybody knows where do I need to check to get this problem solved?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
it would be advisible to check the contact surface that the bulbs draw their power from. if these area are scorched the housing may require replacement. it is doubtful that this is a fuse related problem, but it never hurts to check the simple stuff early. the fuse panel is under the hood and easily accessible. there should be a fuse designation card in there to point you to the correct fuse. obviously make sure the wiring looks good. i would recommend going to the dealer and just telling them the bulbs are out. mentioning that you had replaced them previously will do nothing but provide you with a higher estimate. most MB dealers do not charge labor for customer pay light bulb installations, just for the bulb itself. if you are still under warranty then it should all be covered.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts