Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the best way to remove the kompressor decals from the c230.? I am about to just try and pull them off, but there are so many letters and my fingers will bleed b4 i finish. anyone remove their decal safely yet?

thanks ahead of time
sk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, I asked the dealer to have mine removed before I picked it up, but since it seems like that's not an option for you...I've heard that using a blow dryer to heat the glue up will help soften it and make it easier to peel them off. Some folks say to use dental floss as though it were a saw once you heat the glue, but I've also seen them peeled right off by hand. There will be some sticky residue from the glue that you will need to remove, on which you can use a substance like Goo Gone which is safe on your paint, and I've heard of people using Bug and Tar Remover products on such things. I'm sure someone on here can give better info.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Basically, I did it for the same reason that I don't walk around with a name tag on. What is the purpose of the letters being on there other than for identification of the model and type of engine? Also, I think it looks "cleaner". To each his own...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dental floss does work great for removing badges. You saw through the thin layer of foam that is under the plastic. You can use WD40 to get rid of the stickey stuff. Maybe a little really fine clear coat rubbing compound should get the paint under the badge to match the rest of the area, and then give it a good coat of wax. Eastwood also sells something called Trim Adhesive remover that works great on almost everything. I keep it around, although it is a nasty solvent and you have to wear the right gloves. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i used a blow-dryer and floss to get the badges and leters off my friends focus and silverado...works great. highly recomended..will you send pics of the coupe 'debadged' im thinkin of doing it to mine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Taking Kompressor decal off

:D I don't know why you would take off the decal KOMPRESSOR, I am so proud of mine, I got the license plate KOMPRSR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts