Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an s-500 1999 MB and have a telephone installed in the dash and in the center console.
The local cell phone companies t mobile, att, Verzion etc no longer support the analog system. I write to you in hopes that you will have the necessary expertise to guide me or advise me as to how to proceed. I would like to modify the system so that it will work with a sim card type telephone without installing a complete new system.

I have tried the USA sites but they were of no help that basically stated that they cold only assist if the car was a 2000 model or later.
I don’t want to give up my phone system but MB in USA said they could not give me any advice.
Is there any one who can provide guidance/comments
Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Installed telephone

Did you ever have any success in getting information re this phone?
I have a 2002 ML400 with a similar installation. However, it uses a SIM card.
I have an instruction book in German but I have not been able to get one in Enlish nor have I been able to use phone. It tells me that service is not available which is hooey since I have inserted a SIM card that otherwise works.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would like to add to my last post.
I show an option Nr 354 on my spec list, which says"Antenna for telephone D/E Net.
Can someone tell me about this Net?
I hate to give up on this subject because it is hard to believe that This phone is obsolete. It uses a SIM card.
I need instructions on how to connect to the NET.

It actually says;

354 ANTENNA ON ROOF CENTRE REAR FOR MOBILE D-NET TELEPHONE

http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~mtor/mbcodedsc.html

I am not sure but I believe the D Net is the German network

·
R.I.P Always Remembered
1,865 Posts
Did you ever have any success in getting information re this phone?
I have a 2002 ML400 with a similar installation. However, it uses a SIM card.
I have an instruction book in German but I have not been able to get one in Enlish nor have I been able to use phone. It tells me that service is not available which is hooey since I have inserted a SIM card that otherwise works.
Download an english pdf version here;

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/service_and_parts/owners_manuals

·
Registered
10 Posts
Instruction Manuals

Eric:
Unfortunately there is a separate manual for the phone.
So far, I havent found a source for this Manual in English. Still looking, there must be one somewhere.:(:(

·
R.I.P Always Remembered
1,865 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I need instructions for Mercedes car phone in English

Hi Eric:
For a moment, I thought we had it. However, the manual you found is fo a Motorola phone which is not hardwired but fits a cradle where it can be recharged.
My installation is a Nokia phone that is powered from the Command unit, contains a SIM card and has no internal battery. This unit is attached to the console next to the command display and is a factory (Not aftermarket) installation. The spec sheet reads "853 telephone fitted on 'TOWER' Nokia D-net"
Thanks for your efforts.:roll::roll::roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts