Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you get TeleAid added to your Mercedes after-market? If so, what is the cost?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Asked my dealer this same question just last week and was told that it could not be dealer installed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
An excerpt from my posting elsewhere in the forum.... I had it in my now-totaled S, and have it in the new replacement S600. TeleAid is pathetic as far as my mileage is concerned....

.....please do not give a dime to Mercedes for TeleAid. The car worked fine - the system immediately started calling but their TeleAid system did not respond and I got a busy message. I was in a metropolitan area - not in Timbuktu backlands. And at 5 AM I wonder how many people were using the cell system or the TeleAid center to make it so busy.

Second time it did not activate when a stupid woman made an illegal turn INTO oncoming traffic (I was doing 20 mph) during a SNOW storm. I slammed on the brakes. Hit her side and cracked the bumper.

Actually stopped but THEN she just kept going. Her rear bumper's curved portion ripped the plate off my front bumper, and cracked the plastic. She actually was such a dumb bitch she tried to "get away" - in heavy snow early morning traffic on congested Route 25 in Long Island - at a red traffic light with backed up traffic.

Since TeleAid did not activate - not a big enough impact perhaps - so I manually clicked it. And it did not connect. I am more angry at it not working during the major crash. The car dialed but their system did not connect. I paid $240 a year for nothing (did not even use the concierge service) and intend to go after them for that money. Not sure if I will sign up for the extra services on the S600.

regards

Imran

1 - 3 of 3 Posts