Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting the 230 Cport Coupe, but I'm not to excited about high performance tires as WInter is setting in. Does anybody think the dealer will simply switch out the tires - installing all season ones? Aren't the high performance tires bad for ice and snow?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I purchased my C230 Coupe almost a year ago.The car is been great, I did purchase snow tires and some nice discounted rims from the tire rack. They have the best prices around and good deals on rim and tire package, check them out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Where do you live?

Sport tires with snow and ice??? :lol: Even the electronic systems won't keep you on the road!

If you're in an area where the weather is around 30°F with only small amount of snow or ice, all-season tires are ok. But with colder temperature and a lot of ice and snow, just go for snow/ice tire. It's really worth it for your own safety.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmmm, I think I'm starting to like Miami better ;)

Warm Rgds to all!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Tires for C230

Hi,

Good advice from the others. Minnesota has similar weather to Winnipeg, Manitoba where I was raised. You get snow, ice and all the combinations. Right? If I lived there and not on Vancouver Island, where it seldom snows, I would install a set of 4 winter tires on rims(16inch) and replace them in spring with 4 seasons. Your dealer should trade you a set of 4 Season tires for your 17inchers, at least without any difference in price. Then buy the snows and rims for winter--snows are usually cheaper. Leaving winter tires on in the summer wears them out quickly as they are softer, for more grip. I have Pirelli 6 tires on my car and they are quite good in the occasional slippering roads on the Island. But for serious snow falls, get the snow tires. I read a report from someone in Calgary a while back who said the 230 with snows was very good in the winter. Good luck.

Al :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update

I strolled in to buy a C230, and left with a C320. Today it snowed like hell, and I took it for a spin. No problem. (BTW I'm from Int'l Falls, so I drove on ice and snow all my life.) RWD rules!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I live in Switzerland where there can be a lot of snow.
Actually you should have 16" snow tires if you are in a region where temperature goes under 7°C (45°F) in winter because at that moment summer tires becomes too hard and slip.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Conti Sports that came on my C230K were worthless in anything but sunshine and hot weather. Even then, don't expect to get more than 18k-20k with them. I replaced mine with 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires in September (from Tire Rack). So far they have been GREAT tires. Soon I'll see how they perform in winter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts