Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, I'm new to the board and the reason I'm here is to research an engine project. I have a Porsche V8 and I'm looking for more power. I want to see the feasibility of adapting the supercharger and intercooler system to the Porsche. Can anybody alaberate on how the system works? Anybody got any photos, particulary of the intercooler? I would plan to run one bar if I did this project so I may have to use a different supercharger but the intercooler is very interesting along with the clutch setup on the supercharger. All info will be valued. Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What car is it?

I just purchased a CLK430 and looking at additions.

I came from the america car world with lots of add-ons. I have installed one-half dozen or so blowers(root, centrif. turbo).

Intercooler is a must for save operation at anything about about 6-8psi. Of course it depends upon the compression of the car Natual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greg,
I'm more into the American car scene but I did install a few superchargers and was particularly impressed with ProCharger. They make the most power although their customer service is a little lacking. If you wants the most powerful setup, I will consider using them. I have seen a number of Porches run them and retofit the Vortech aftercooler to the setup. It all fit under the hood nicely and added some chrome under the hood. Not the cheapest route but you'll make tons of power.

Just my 2 cents,

Blake

·
Registered
584 Posts
Greg,

Are you in the states? Are we talking 928? There are a number of supercharger (mostly centrifugal) kits available for the 928, with the most recent development touting about 500 RWHP, and the kit thus far has gotten good reviews. Check out www.rennlist.com, follow the forums link to the 928 link, and do a search for supercharger. You will have evey question you could possibly think of answered.

-Neil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Cracker, yes it is the 928 and I didn't want to use a centifugal system, hence the reason for my enquiry. Yes I am aware of the Rennlist as I am a member. Thanks for your trouble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts