Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nav System

7K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Lynn 
#1 ·
So I have little to no info on the navigation system (Comand) that mercedes uses. I currently have a navigation system in my current car and I would like to get rid of it and have a built in one in my new c230k but I want to make sure that its a decent system etc...Anyone have any info on it, and/or reviews.

Thanks!

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Yea I found that much too, but nothing more. I want to get more details on how usable the system is and how accurate it is. I found reviews of the older nav systems but not this one. The information out there is very lacking....and I don't know why.

Thanks for the help.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. I wish more people did, its a cool car but I love my gadgets. I am looking at getting one with the complete motorola v60 system with voice command and the nav system. It still puts me way below the other mercedes and in my opinion a cooler car.

Greg

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Awesome, sounds very nice. Thanks for the reply. I like the features of lowering the volume and the hint on the odometer (My system didn't hook into the audio system)

How accurate is it, and can you do things such as find points of interest and set way points. Also how fast is it at finding locations? Does it reroute good and allow enough distance on the reroute (mine always tries to reroute me to a street a block away which I passed while it was thinking)

Anything you hate about it?

Thanks!

Greg

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Wow thanks, thats the type of info I was looking for. One question.

what do you mean by:

no street names on map on in directions

Does it not tell you the streets?

Also can you have it display in different formats depending on the way you like it.
Can you zoom in on locations and visually see points of interest around them.
How do the point of interest work, can I say find me mcdonalds, or can I say find me american food etc...?

Thanks again.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Sounds like they hit the nail on the head, almost.

I can't believe it doesn't give the street name. To me turning in 500 ft is less significant then turn on Wilshire st. Its nice to have the audio say "Turn in 500 ft" but the screen say "Turn on Wilshire St." the one I have now has both on the screen and the audio tells you the distance.

Sad that they almost had it perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.