Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to BenzForum and can't believe all the enthusiasts in here. It's great to see people (including myself) so pationate about cars.

I don't actually own a Benz yet :cry: but I'm currently looking into the C230. I'm only 22 so the price for a brand new C230 is a little steap for me right now. I currently own a fully restored 1971 Mustang (pic attached) which I will be selling shortly. I plan on putting this money as the down payment on the Benz.

According to you Benz Pro's, am I better off trying to come up with the extra coin and buy brand new or should I look into a 1-yr old used C230? Would I be making a big mistake buying used? Is the new car smell really worth the extra bucks? Am I just buying someone elses liability? What are your opinions and stories with buying new / used? good / bad?

I would appreciate any comments you might have.
Thanks a bunch.

Hopeful C230 owner.
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/apambrun/lst?.dir=/1971+Ford+Mustang&.src=ph&.view=

·
Registered
41 Posts
My opinion

I was a little pissed that my car depreciated about $7,000 the first year I had it. That the way it is with everything you buy. There is nothing wrong with buying a previously owned vehicle. (That sounds better than used eh) Just make sure that you look at something like Kelly blue book to get their imput on what the vehicle is worth. When you buy a car from the dealer, they will be looking for top dollar, telling you how it is certified and all that jazz. Most dealerships make most of their money this way nowadays. Whatever you buy, a benz will still be under new car warranty, 4 years, 50,000 miles. Good luck man, let us know how you make out. Negotiate hard with the dealer.

·
Banned
175 Posts
And for a little more you can get the C320 Coupe. Your budget will determine what you can buy, either way you picked a great machine to go with. Love your 71 Mustang, I had the same year but the fastback and just loved the car, what memories. One reason I still like the hatch back, over the last 40 years have owned the 1971 Mustang, 1970 240Z (plus 1971 240z Race Car) and the coupe. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BUY and keep in touch, great bunch of people and info at this site. 8)
Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts