Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a few others mention throttle lag and I'm glad to hear it's not just mine. Is there anything they can do at the dealership to remedy this? It's still covered under warrenty but I don't know what to tell them to make them fix it.

I read somewhere about resetting something in the computer so that it "learns" the driver again, but I wasn't sure if there was any truth to that or not.

Any advise/assistence would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-Buzz

·
Registered
678 Posts
Only car I know seems to take a while for it to start going is a C240. But that's normal for that car. Usually all the others feel just fine. Are you sure your engine just might be hesitating and lacking power?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely not lacking power. There's just a delay from the time i push the accelerator to the time the engine actually revs up.

If it's computer controlled throttle, then I would guess the computer is taking too long to process my request for additional fuel to the engine. Throttle by wire is much more instantaneous and responsive.

-Buzz

·
Registered
678 Posts
If you mashed the throttle from an idle, on average, it'll take the throttle valve about about 1-1.5 seconds for the throttle valve to actually open completely. If you ever revved an older ME car with the older style throttle actuator with the external return spring using the pedal value sensor, you can kinda see what I'm talking about. Your ML has the newer style actuator, so you cant really see it on yours.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
There's a little bit of lag dialed in by the engineers as their target market (or what they believe to be their target market) doesn't want the ride to be jerky.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any chance that can be un-done or eliminated? It's rather anoying to push the pedal and have to wait a sec before it actually responds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wasn't sure what "intrinsic characteristic" meant, so i looked it up.

Can you believe the actual definition is "PITA"???

Thanks for the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts