Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally decided to jump ship on the factory CD changer supplied w/my C240. (Still disgusted that the cassette actually sounds better). Any tips on what worked well for those (many) of you who have allready upgraded? Brand suggestions? I assume I lose steering wheel control... but, the sound is just so... mediocre.

Thanks-

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From Lynn's reply, and I know this has been discussed previously, a complete system changeout seems the only way to go....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I own a C240 too and was disgusted with the stock casette deck sound. But after researching various forums I found that the Audio 10 would sound better. I bought it and installed it. When I put in my favorite CD I was blown away with the difference in sound quality. My stereo system now sounds like a high qualifty OEM system. My last car was an Infiniti with the BOSE system. In my opinon, that was the best sounding stock system I have ever drove. 200watts 8 speakers of great pleasure. So you could have imagined my disapointment when I got my C240 and heard the stereo system. I knew it would have been difficult and expensive to replace it with a after market system. So when I installed the Audio 10 I felt much better.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Same here. During the test drives of C230K sedan and C240 sedan, I found the stock stereo to be disappointing.

This is why I ordered the BOSE upgrade when I made my purchase.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Extra CD Changer Cassettes wanted

On the topic of CDs, I'm looking for additional Changer Cassettes for the CD player for a C240 Sedan. BestBuy said these are available only from the OEM as each manufacturer has different specs.

I haven't called the dealer yet, but can't find anything via Google or searching MB site.

Any leads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On the CD Changer Cassette

On the CD Changer Cassette, thanks for the Advice. Seems BestBuy had a two cassette packet for $30. I bought it and they work, but they are not the quality of the OEM cassette.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts