Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently, my 87 300D has 195/65/15 tires. i wanna replace it with a 205/65/15 or a 215/60/15. would there be any problems? will they fit?

i tried computing for the diamater of my tire (in mm) and i wanna preserve the diameter if ever i would like to replace them. what would be the relative diameter size (or range) considered inappropriate or not equivalent?

please help.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
There is a lot of info in the tech sections of www.tirerack.com If you go with a slightly larger tire, it should fit. The diameter of the tire is important. Changing the diameter effects to speedometer. A 225/60-15 has a diameter that is .2" smaller that the 195/65-15, while the 225/65-15 is .5" bigger. Both of the 205's have a .3" wider section width. This info is for a popular selling Michelin all season tire. The only reason I selected it is because I know it is available in many sizes. Here is the link to the spec page for that tire: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=Michelin&model=Pilot+XGT+H4

To talk to a real authority, call Luke at Tire Rack. I am not affiliated with Tire Rack. I have been a customer of theirs and of Luke's in past and will be again in the spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts