Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 E420, I put Sumitomo HTR Z's on it about 6 months ago, they are already down to the wear bar! That's pretty quick for tires to be worn out. Is this an alignment problem or is it just because Benz's are heavy cars? Anyone have any suggestions for other/better tires to use?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
One, the car is heavy, and the Sumi's are more of a sport compact tire than a touring tire. I believe that particular tire has a pretty low tread rating to begin with. If you got less than 12K from the tires, or there is evidence of uneven wear, I would look into the alignment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not trying to be a jerk here but 6 months doesn't really tell us how much you drove it. How many miles did you get out of them? Did they wear unevenly? ( that would be your sign for alignment problems)

I have a customer that only get 4 months out of his tires but he drives 200-300 miles a day for his job, so his tire wear is actually excellent!

I know Sumitomos are a good price but you get what you pay for. Michelins are expensive but they last!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts