Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change the brake pads and rotors and I have not been able to find the "Brake Piston Reset Tool, 000 589 52 43 00". I cannot seem to find this part anywhere, anyone know where to find it or how i can change pads and rotors without this part? what other tools do i need for this job?

thanks in advance.
1990 300 se

·
Registered
584 Posts
If your brakes are anything like mine (they should be), then you need only simple hand tools. To move the brake piston, I open the bleeder valve and push the piston back. Doing this requires bleeding the brakes afterward. Large channel lock pliers are helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my non-MB vehicles I remove the master cylinder lid when I compress the caliper piston. Is this safe to do on a 99 c230?

·
Registered
22 Posts
brakes

it shouldnt be neccescary.....just make sure the reservoir isnt over filled.......i wouldnt do it just for the chance of getting fluid on the paint, but theres no way it would hurt the brake system.....by the way, the mercedes reservoir has a vent or vents on it, so removing the cap will not make compressing the piston any easier

1 - 4 of 4 Posts