Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
The decision to upgrade is totally up to you. Based on my reading of a number of MB forums, the most common change is, of course, wheels and/or tires. Changing the stereo system is done frequently. Suspension mods to lower the car are also quite numerous. The fourth most common thing would be an exhaust upgrade.

Most folks seem satisfied when these types of changes have been done. Although some results when going to 19 inch tires have been questionable. Other less common changes would be chipping the car, changing the supercharger pully, modifying the interior (custom leather, etc.), and a very few people have gone the NOZ route with mixed results.

Naturally, the question becomes, how much do you want to spend? 8)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds familiar

In the link to the LA Car article they go over the very same issues. Have you done this yourself? What results did you have? Was it worth it?

·
Registered
263 Posts
No, I have not done mods. Mods actually hurt the trade-in value of a car. As a major part of my down payment when buying a vehicle is my current auto, I try not to do too much to bring down its value. But, this is what works for me. Someone who will hold onto their car for a long time may feel differently and modding becomes a viable option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts