Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've done a few searches on tunnel mode, but I can't quite figure out what exactly it is? I'm assuming that it causes the roof to close when the car enters a tunnel. How exactly does it work? Do all coupes have it, or is it a special feature that only came with a specific options package?

Thanks
Adrian

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
It is on all MB's with a fixed roof, meaning everything except the SL and SLK. When the airconditioning is in "automatic" mode, depressing the recirculation button for two seconds will close the windows and the roof. Pressing the recirc button again will open the windows and roof to their previous positions.

The ablilty to close the roof using tunnel mode was not enabled on 2002 coupes. The dealer can enable this function with the DAS computer. There also seems to be a setting which changes the amount of time the button needs to be pressed from two seconds to continuously. By this, I mean the recirc button must be held down until the roof closes.

If you use tunnel mode to shut the window and roof then shut off the engine, pressing the recirc button will not return the windows and roof to their previous postitions after restarting the car. When the engine is shut off "tunnel mode" forgets the positions of the windows and roof.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My button is set to continuous mode. Is there any way to change it to 2 seconds, or do I need the dealer to do that for me?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts