Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two full turns back on the screw adjustment on the ALDA is what it took to gain my missing power. The car is a '93 300D. I have heard of 1.5 turns being used for an extreme case of lost power, but mine was apparently that bad. Amazing to think that it very likely went all of its 126K lacking so much power. It is a relief to finally ne able to hit the gas pedal and move with the A/C on. The damn thing was so slow before that we would have to turn off the A/C while we got up to speed.

The performance is dramatically improved, but I thing its got a little more to give. The boost does not feel like it is close to spec. I will have to make the pressure (boost) guage setup to confirm my suspicion.

Thanks to all who helped :D

-Neil

·
Registered
191 Posts
Neil:

I can not offer any experience with the typical ALDA adjustment on the 2.5 turbo, as I never had to work with mine. If you think the adjustment is excessive, track your fuel economy. Overadjustment of the ALDA will result in passing unburned fuel, characterized by smoking at full load at 4/5 RPM redline and decreased fuel economy.

If the ALDA appears to be overadjusted, you have overcompensated to correct (cover) another problem which still exists. Keep us posted.

-Scott

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you may be right. We will have to see with this tank of fuel (I just filled up this morning) :?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts