Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
357 Posts
That Tandem halo jumping or edge of space seems like a riot. Halo jumping is definitely on my to do list. The Shark thing would be kewl I did the shark dive in the Bahamas and it cured my shark phobia. After 60+ parachute jumps and more building rappel’s and fast ropes than I can count I developed a heights phobia I working on busting that one without killing myself in the process I tried standing on a 6 story wall and looking down but I figured that wasn’t the smartest way to go about it.

Sorry about the Hijack but since the threads in my honor I did it anyway.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Howitzer said:
That Tandem halo jumping or edge of space seems like a riot. Halo jumping is definitely on my to do list. The Shark thing would be kewl I did the shark dive in the Bahamas and it cured my shark phobia. After 60+ parachute jumps and more building rappel’s and fast ropes than I can count I developed a heights phobia I working on busting that one without killing myself in the process I tried standing on a 6 story wall and looking down but I figured that wasn’t the smartest way to go about it.

Sorry about the Hijack but since the threads in my honor I did it anyway.
Gee Howie, that seems like a mechanic's holiday for you.

Try something entirely different. Why not a knitting camp? Now that would challenge you, wouldn't it? Could you survive 3 days of intense knitting?

An old friend of mine did HALO while a SEAL. He prefered water from a sub. Did deep dives in or near the arctic ports of the USSR placing sensors on the sea floor. He liked that. The ol' fart died last year from a degenerative neuromuscular disease. When he was diagnosed in the early 1980's he got med. Wasn't expected to live into his 40's. In retirement he got an education degree and taught in an orphanage until he died this year. 54 years old and probably 200 years of experience in an ultrafast autobahn of life.

·
Banned
357 Posts
Thanks Rib but Knitting would be a little too extreme for me, one place threes days the same thing.......no way.

I know someone who is married to someone that goes on scrapping weekends, they get together and make scrape books.....non stop. I asked her if they hit the bars and she said oh we don't have time for that.

UHGGGGGGGGAG.

I asked her husband if he has ever seen any of the scrap books, he said he doesn't care it's the only time he gets to watch the Playboy channel.

What a miserable existence if I were him I'd have Nar on retainer.

Regarding your friend R WOW 8O I met Seals from time to time because I was in MI and I learned alot from them not manual skills but mind and leadership skills just by watching them....silent authority it gave me the creeps sometimes.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have been considering a little skydiving myself. I actually whimped out before when the chute did not quite open in the plane load ahead of me. Luckily the backup did. Between witnessing that and meeting the stoner who packed the chutes, I decided to bow out. I still feel as though it is something uncompleted that nags at me...

·
Banned
357 Posts
cracker928 said:
I have been considering a little skydiving myself. I actually whimped out before when the chute did not quite open in the plane load ahead of me. Luckily the backup did. Between witnessing that and meeting the stoner who packed the chutes, I decided to bow out. I still feel as though it is something uncompleted that nags at me...
I'd be worrying about your drive to work instead of a parachute death.

Just do it, if the chute doesn't open you have the rest of your life to think about it.

To be honest static cord jumping is boring after the intial rush of making yourself jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Do a tandem freefall instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts