Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought W220, 2001, S500 last week. It have 165k Kilometers on the clock and works perfectly fine beside only one issue. It does not lock or unlock from the key. I have to align the key to the door handle to get it lock/unlock. I got the car scanned but there were no errors displayed. I replaced the FOB batteries as well but it didn't work.!! KEY is perfectly fine as well, Light blinks on every button click. Looking for help.!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have bought W220, 2001, S500 last week. It have 165k Kilometers on the clock and works perfectly fine beside only one issue. It does not lock or unlock from the key. I have to align the key to the door handle to get it lock/unlock. I got the car scanned but there were no errors displayed. I replaced the FOB batteries as well but it didn't work.!! KEY is perfectly fine as well, Light blinks on every button click. Looking for help.!!
Make sure the sensor(s) is/are not cover with wax build up. Try cleaning with some rubbing alcohol and a q tip. This has happened a few times with a sloppy detail.

·
Registered
36 Posts
1. Based on the past, I never trust 'new' batteries; always check voltage.........cell batteries, that is.
2. Windows, sunroof, head-restraints, etc must be synchronized every time main battery is disconnected. I am not sure about your Model/year as to whether door locks fall in this category. If all else fails, I've found MB Service Managers pretty friendly in giving advice if approached with further-business-in-mind :)
3. Check this out: 2001 S430 doors won't lock with remote - MBWorld.org Forums

1 - 3 of 3 Posts