Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,

my B180 today literally started to "throw up" diesel from the tank cap.
I was stopped waiting for a friend, car running to keep the air conditioning on, when I got out I noticed that droplets of diesel were falling from the cap. I instinctively opened the cap, to understand what had happened and as soon as I opened the cap the car literally started throwing up diesel fuel, I then closed it promptly, and I lost a few liters ... I turned off the car and waited a few minutes, so I tried again to open the cap and again the diesel started to come out. The tank was full with about 50L of diesel, and after trying to open it twice I think I will have lost at least ten (10) liters ...
It seems that there is a high pressure inside the tank that causes the diesel to escape.

Have you ever had similar experiences?
This is a video of the problem:

Thanks for your advice,

Andrea

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good evening,

my B180 today literally started to "throw up" diesel from the tank cap.
I was stopped waiting for a friend, car running to keep the air conditioning on, when I got out I noticed that droplets of diesel were falling from the cap. I instinctively opened the cap, to understand what had happened and as soon as I opened the cap the car literally started throwing up diesel fuel, I then closed it promptly, and I lost a few liters ... I turned off the car and waited a few minutes, so I tried again to open the cap and again the diesel started to come out. The tank was full with about 50L of diesel, and after trying to open it twice I think I will have lost at least ten (10) liters ...
It seems that there is a high pressure inside the tank that causes the diesel to escape.

Have you ever had similar experiences?
This is a video of the problem:

Thanks for your advice,

Andrea

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Primary and secondary fuel filter plugged? Follow the fuel circuitry, especially tank itself; lots of baffles, typical in MB diesels. I am not familiar with your specific MY but recognize need to de-pressurize tank before filter service on other MB Model/Years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts