Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello a few days ago I slid on some ice and hit a curb with the back passenger side wheel, it was enought to crack and take a chunk out of the AMG rim, I was going approx 5 KPh in a parking lot, took the car to the mechanic he said the camber is off in the rear, the right side is Negitive 1/4 and the left is negitive 1 1/4 what is the factory specs. drove it home and when the sterring wheel is pointed perfectley straight it drifts to the left taking it back today to get the drifitng problem fix hopefull but it still need to do something with the off camber in the Right

Any ideas what is wrong

why would the front alignment go out if I hit the rear ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lynn

The Front was off alinement but the camber was fine the front is fixed now and the car drives straight again when the stearing wheel is straight the mechanics helper did not know what he was doing. what should a go about replaceing in the rear what normmally bends. the mechanic could not find anything that was bent but its off 1 degree. Also have you ever driven a W202 with snow tires on a windy day at speeds faster than 120KM/h it kind of feals like it fish tales a bit but I think it was because it was off in the front it dose not seam to do that any more lets hope i did not break or wreck to much stuff.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I really couldn't tell you what is bent and needs to be replace. I doubt your tech good to so by just looking at it. If you really want to get it exactly to spec you will have to install the camber kits make by K-Mac. http://www.k-mac.com/

Snow tires usually have a soft, squishy feeling. Mine sure do. This is because of the high soft sidewalls, mostly, when compared to my lower profile, stiff side wall summer tires.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yah I know it feels like the rear end is loose and flapping in the wind, it feels weird but is fine under 120KM/h

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after having the aligment fixed i noticed today since we had alot of snow that when the car is driving straight on the driver side rear the track in the snow is off? this might be hard to understand but when the tires cut through the snow there is about 1 inch gap between the path from the front and the path for the back the other side which is the one that i hit was perfect the front tire and back tire are in a straight path, dose anyone know what i am taking about or do i need to draw a picture and post it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts