Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need 1 grommet or 2 grommets for the passenger rear trunk fold down wiring harness compartment for 2009-2013 Mercedes E-Class. The wiring harness flips up and down and when down it snaps into the grommets. E-Class 2009-20013 Sedans should have this grommet. The first pic shows the right grommet is missing.

Attachments

·
Administrator
142 Posts
The part# is 00099038629051. However it appears that it is no longer available.

If you have access to a pick and pull bone yard or other salvage yard I ma sure you can find
one in car that was written off.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well Thanks very much for the info Noodles. I thought about that about the pick and pull bone yard or other salvage yards but haven't been able to locate a e-class in that year range even the big DFW Metroplex. (everything is older Mercedes) lol.

·
Administrator
142 Posts
Well Thanks very much for the info Noodles. I thought about that about the pick and pull bone yard or other salvage yards but haven't been able to locate a e-class in that year range even the big DFW Metroplex. (everything is older Mercedes) lol.
A customer brought one for a PPO to my mechanic from the DFW area. It was an auction that appeared to have a clean title. It turns out it was a flood damaged car from that was in the DFW flooding of 2018. Even the owner's even the papers in the glove box had water damage.

If I come across one I will notify you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks, Please do. And if anybody else come across one beforehand let me know. What do you all think is a resonable price for this grommet? I see all kind of these vehicles with the trunk area intact, some with even very little damage on irrepairable, salvage auction like https://erepairables.com/, https://www.auctionexport.com, https://www.copart.com/ Sites but who knows were the cars end up at? :) :biggrin:

·
Administrator
142 Posts
A similar part that was for the nets in the back of the W211 was going for $5-7 dollars.

Most places do not know which of the very small parts go to NLA status. My local salvage yard would not charge me more than
a few bucks for that piece.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anybody is at a junk yard / salvage yard and see this 2009-2013 E-Class and see this grommet pick up and I will pay you for it? Or if anybody has connection with somebody that can get this let me know... :)

·
Administrator
142 Posts
Just connecting the dots to an issue I had a friend solve with a 3D printer.

It was for a Ford, but it can be done for this MB part.

See if one of your local high schools has a course that uses 3D printers. If so they can print that part for very little cost if you provide them a sample that they will use
as a template. They will not harm the sample and return it to you in perfect shape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts