Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my '03 230k on Monday. While the stereo is acceptable, I'd really like to add my sub and speakers from my last car. Are there any warrantly issues with adding an aftermarket amp? I don't want the dealer to void my warranty if something goes wrong (ie power roof stops working)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have added a sub and amp had a problem with stereo since then, now mercedes wont even look at it once they discovered what I had done. They said I had to disconnect everything before they would look at stereo problem. The funny thing is I have done thesame thing in my GM truck before and again had a problem, they took care of it with no hassles.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
benzer03 said:
I have added a sub and amp had a problem with stereo since then, now mercedes wont even look at it once they discovered what I had done. They said I had to disconnect everything before they would look at stereo problem. The funny thing is I have done thesame thing in my GM truck before and again had a problem, they took care of it with no hassles.
I bet you have Bose.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nope, had the standard system, the guy who installed it admitted his installer may have fried the channel on the head unit. He told me to try and take it into the dealer to have it replaced but they said NO GO!

you dont shoot you dont score..

Benzer03

·
Registered
20 Posts
Adding a subwoofer and an external amp will not void your warranty if done properly.

It is very simple to do this.
Just get a Hi Low Converter and hook it up with your rear speakers. This is the line feed for your amp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like to know what people recommend for a space saving sub that I can place in the trunk of my c320 sedan. I too will tap into the rear speakers for line source. Don't need too much bass, just enough would be fine.

Was thinking of an eight inch powered bazooka tube the rs line to save space or the kenwood powered 10" powered sub box.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Mraindragon

·
Registered
4 Posts
pnsji said:
Adding a subwoofer and an external amp will not void your warranty if done properly.

It is very simple to do this.
Just get a Hi Low Converter and hook it up with your rear speakers. This is the line feed for your amp.
I had that done on my C320 with Bose and the subs just turn the volume up and down all of the sudden.

What's wrong with it?

E-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts