Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently experiencing a water leak onto drivers feet during rain in my ML320. Any ideas to troubleshoot? Are there other leak candidates besides front windshield seals? Where is the best place to go for help? Dealer? Body shop?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Check the sunroof drains. Open the sunroof and look and see if they are clogged. The tubes run through the front A-pillars. Perhaps the tube has come loose, you may need to remove the A-pillar and reattach.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem and initially suspected the drain tube. Easiest way to get to drain tube is to remove roof handle and drivers sun shield (allow it to hang from wire), then pull headliner down above door and use a shim to hold open. Open sun roof and pour water into drain hole look for water leaks at hose connection .

However, I found that the water leak was coming from the sealing gum which seals the sunroof tray to body. I re-sealed it with RTV Black silicone. Problem solved.

The wind deflector can be removed by gently pulling the actuator arms from the deflector and then pushing the deflector up and forward. This will release the hinges from their plastic seats. Remove the deflector to get better access to the seal seams. Installation is the reverse. Everything just snaps back into place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts