Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hard time cleaning up the water spots on my windows. I tried windex, alcohol, and wash a car and only remove the spots on the body. The dirty water sprinkles cause them and also the sunny day make them even stickier and make a water dots to the windows. Any one know any good product or chemical.
Thanks
:?

·
Registered
12 Posts
You mean after you wash your car or something? Use those super-soaking sponge-like material cloth you can get from AutoZone or any car accessories shop. Those do a good job drying out most of the water. If you are left with minor spots afterwards, all you need is a completely dry cloth/tower or paper towel and rub the mess up. Rub, like seriously rubbing it till you see it disappear.

In LA, I get lazy enough I just bring it to the car washes where there are half a dozen of guys surrounding drying your car. In Boston most of the time I'm lazy enough not to bother washing my car because I wash it in the morning and it rains or snows in the afternoon or I get bird shit. I wash it when I really can't take it anymore. Lucky both cars are silver and does a good job "hiding away" from dirtiness.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use a dab of rubbing alcohol on a paper towel, works great for water spots; and is very cheap $1.00 bottle does a lot fo windows. Another suggestion may sound kind of wierd but trying using newspaper instead of paper towel seems to do a much better job.

Good Luck :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts