Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all..

i purchased a 2005 clk320 :p about a month ago and i had some general questions on its care..

1) is it a good idea to use maguire's 3 step system but replace the carnuba waxing with nxt generation tech-wax instead?

2) since its a new car, should i hold off on paint clean and polish?

3) and lastly does the paint cleaner and polish in step1 and step2 damage/remove the clearcoat or the paint?

thanks in advance~ 8)

ps. its my first MB and i would really appreciate any other helpful comments

·
Registered
77 Posts
For my 2004 CLK320 coupe, this is exactly what I do: Wash-DC1-DC2-NXT (Meguaires 3-step but replace the wax step by NXT).

For DC-1 (Deep Crystal step-1, clean) and DC-2 (polish), you should do a section at a time, just apply and wipe it off right away. For NXT, you should wait until the haze (about 15-30 minutes), then wipe it off. For best result, you should apply a 2nd coat after about 24 hours.

It's a lot of work, so I only do this twice a year, before and after winter. For the rest of the time, I just apply one coat of NXT every 1-2 month.

My car is silver so it's easy to maintain. If your car is black, you will have to do this more often and also take care of the swirl marks.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
sccrdq said:
thanks guys~

hey mis, u have alloy wheels?? what do u use on them?? :lol:
I use Wheel Wax because I happen to have some lying around. You can simply use NXT to protect the wheels against snow/salt.

In fact, when I finsih the Wheel Wax, I will continue to use NXT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts