Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some of us the diesel Mercedes-Benz has a special charm. Hopefully, this new forum will provide a place for the diesel enthusiast to share tips, ideas, and information. It should also be a fun place to share stories and generate discussion of the diesel breed. Welcome all. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
:D
Hallo, I've driven Otto engines for several years. Now i drive a A 170 CDI
and i wont miss it. The best is the punch at a low number of revolutions and the low consum of gas. In germany diesel is much cheaper than normal gas. My car takes 6 litres of diesel when you drive very fast. The last car I drove has fewer hp but toke 10 litres normal gas.

My dad change his car too. Now he drive a C 230k but in a few weeks our new C 270 CDI will arive.
It's a great engine 170 hp and 400 Nm of torque
to compare
C 230k 193 hp and 280 Nm of torque

so diesel rule's :!:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great Idea. I'm sure we all have many stories to share, from algae in the tank to ... we'll leave it to your imagination.

We have a 2nd fuel tank in the '80 300SD - ever try to consume 40 gallons without stopping :wink:

But it is comforting to know you can drive roundtrip Atlanta to St. Louis without refueling... (the car that is)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ken,

No, the extra tank was a kit installed after purchase. Car initially bought to be a "touring" car for long distance trips (back when it was harder to find convenient diesel stations). And it does indeed continue to be a great car to take on the highway - albeit minus some of those newer gadgets that a gizguy likes. My Garmin GPS works just fine on the dash :D

Two disadvantages of the extra tank:
1. You lose the trunk space beneath the rear window
(although there probably is room to add another 1 or 2 tanks)
2. Extra fuel weight makes for slower acceleration.

Also, may be just that the 300SD is older than the E300, but anything you leave in the trunk acquires a distinct diesel aroma. Have never found any leaks, so must just be fumes that escape through the connections.

Tom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello All.

I've had my "baby" for about 6 mo's now and absolutely love her. :p While she is in very good condition, I'm working on bringing her up to "showroom condition". Looking forward to sharing and learning with other MB diesel fans.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I drove a Mercedes Diesel once. Got bit by something!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts