Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put the stock mercedes CD changer in my 01 c240. the stock tape deck in there now says "cd" so does that mean that it already has the cable that i keep hearing i need or do i need to buy that as well (i couldnt find it in the trunk). i have seen a number of them on ebay selling for around 300$ but im rather skeptical especially if they were pulled out of a different car for some reason. should i order one new from the factory? and how much would that cost? and what is the product number for the one i need? thanks. i know this question has been asked a thousand times so i appreciate your patiance. thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry i forgot something. will i need the dealership to program the computer to accept it, after its installled or no? thanks.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Any MB fiber optic changer will work, but A 203 820 90 89 is the best for out cars. Some cars seem to require the dealer to reset the fiber loop. Mine did not. The extra fiber cables should be in the comparment under the removable panel in the truck floor between the seat and the spare tire well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should it be a loose cable or is it tied into a bunch of others. i removed the panel and there is one wire that has a plug on the end thats not in use and the plug is covered in styrafome but it seems to be tied into other wires. and there are labels that read "phone in" "phone out" stuff like that. did i find the right one or is it supposed to unattached and loose. thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does anyone know if thats the right cable that i found, and if the cd changer is supposed to be in the glove box then why would the cord be in the trunk? thanks again. sorry for the redundant questions but im kinda confused.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Been out of town. The fiber cable is usually bundled with other cables in the trunk. The power cord is usually found coiled up and taped to something behind the radio trim piece. Sometimes it is tucked between the transmission tunnel and the carpet on the passenger side.

The one labeled phone is not the correct one, but it can be used. All cables work the same way.

You may find this Mercedes document useful: http://phdwebsite.powerpulse.cc/V60i Documents/02-03 D2B Config Bulletin.pdf

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry, didnt mean to say the one i found "Was the phone cable" but it was bunched up with all those cables. i was just trying to see if that sounded like the right area were it would be. yeah that article was pretty confusing as well but thanks anyways. i wish mercedes would make this a little easier on me. oh well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts