Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad is a 2001 s430. All I have to say about this car is WOW I love it. It is the most amazing car to drive (when I do get to drive it, which is hardly ever). But I woke up this mourning and my dad came into my room and told me to take a look at his car. I look at it and the whole front of the car has dropped. The wheel wells are almost resing on the tire itself. The only thing I could guess is that something happened the airbags that they popped or something but its both sides of the car and only the front. I find this very strange that this would all of a sudden happen. It has been very cold here lately ruffly averaging -25 celcius. Could that be the cause of it? Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
the airmatic struts have collapsed due to a failure with the airmatic pump. oftentimes there is a relay that goes bad, shorts the pump out and tearing the bladders of the struts in the process. i hope you're still under warranty, as this repair is costly. once the struts bottom out like that they must be replaced, and they often freeze to the spring links, which will need to be replaced as well (if this is the case).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts